Most of us are experiencing a fast-paced lifestyle as our lives are busier.
You probably find yourself feeling stressed, anxious and hearing your inner critic at some point each day.
You can train yourself to overcome these negative thoughts and feelings.
Use the ten tips below to help you increase your sense of inner peace.
Meditation – Self Hypnosis
- Learn to use Meditation and Self Hypnosis techniques to lessen stress and anxiety.
- By learning how to use these techniques daily you will soon develop the skill of quietening your mind and find inner peace.
Change Your Mind
- Having a fluid mindset, instead of fixed one, can help you increase your sense of inner peace.
- A fluid mindset allows you to cope with change more easily.
- You can learn to think creatively about solutions
- Ignore the temptation to focus on the things that are not going as expected.
- Remove many of the distractions which prevent you from finding inner peace.
- Do not allow anyone to have a negative effect on you.
- Delegate unimportant tasks to others
- Concentrate on the most important tasks only.
Learn to Say “No!”
- Learn to say NO to limit the number of items on your to do list
- Only accept those tasks you want to do and can cope with.
- Turn down tasks graciously
- Eliminate any guilt and worry.
- Focus on one task at a time.
- Stay in the moment
- Allow yourself to put your full attention to the task
- Focus will increase the likelihood of success
- Enjoy the feelings of increased sense of happiness and accomplishment
- Learn mindfulness, it is a powerful tool, helping you to focus on the present.
- Daily consistent practice of mindfulness will lead to the greatest success
- It is highly beneficial for reducing stress and anxiety.
- Slow down and focus on what you are doing.
- Use all your senses to heighten the experience.
- Use affirmations daily to help you change the way you think and act.
- Craft positive statements, which express how you want to think, feel or behave.
- For example,
- “I am calm and relaxed”
- “My mind is at peace”
- “I can create the life I desire”
- Cultivate acceptance to achieve inner peace
- Accept that there are many things in life that are beyond your control.
- Accept what you cannot change
- Acceptance reduces stress and anxiety.
- The most effective way to reduce your anxiety and stress levels is by deep breathing.
- Take a slow deep breath in through your nostrils.
- Hold it for a second and then exhale slowly through your mouth
- As you exhale say to yourself … “I am Relaxed”, I am in Control”
- Repeat this at least four more times.
- As you focus on your breathing, clear your mind of all other thoughts.
Live in the Moment
- Concentrate on the present
- The past is history and cannot be changed.
- The future is yet to come.
Practice these tips and inner peace can be yours.